Friday, October 18, 2013

Kaylara's moebius scarf

Warm and fashionable infinity scarf  commissioned by a friend's daughter.  I don't know if there's a name for this stitch, so I named the scarf after the girl!  This is the Kaylara scarf.

Using N Hook and ww yarn (I used red heart grey Heather):
Ch 24 sc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across. (23 sc)
2. Ch 1, turn. (Sc in next st, ch 1, SK 1) 11 x. Sc in last 2 Sc.
Repeat row 2, placing Sc over Sc and ch over ch, to desired length. *see notes
Twist one end one time before whipstitching edges together.

*Sc through both loops, splitting the vertical bars on both sides of scarf.

6 comments:

  1. Love the scarf! I think my pattern is missing the beginning... it starts with ch 24 sc in the 3rd ch from the hook... I'm guessing there is a beginning single chain? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's 2 steps. Ch 24. Then SC in the 3rd chain and in each ch to the end. Does that help?

      Delete