Saturday, February 22, 2020

Time to slow down!

I'm starting to overwhelm myself a bit. I have at least 4 projects that I'm actively working on (a stuffed duck; a pattern for Sonic the Hedgehog's friend, Tails; and 2 bathing suit cover-ups that could also be  summer sweaters) and the same day I buried a dear friend, my mother was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. I described myself as "emotionally exhausted" when I looked at my fast food receipt and saw that my order was wrong and did nothing to fix it. I usually have no problem correcting this type of mistake but I nearly burst into tears instead. Tears, because I was charged for 2 cheeseburgers I didn't order and was given Sprite instead of diet Coke!

Well, I certainly didn't mean to go off on that tangent! Let me show you what I've been doing instead.

There are a couple baby dresses in my Etsy shop ( www.etsy.com/shop/KendrasCrochet ) and I added this baby cardigan also. I wish I had a baby model!

Baby cardigan



The owl scarf is for my cousin to match the owl gloves and owl hat she already has.
Messy photo
of Owl scarf
A friend of mine lost her mother a few years ago. Her mother would split skeins of yarn into 2 ply balls for her baby blankets. I inherited her yarn collection. I'm using them here for a couple bathing suit covers. The blue one is a pattern I found in a crochet magazine.  Who's ready for summer? I am!

Crochet! Magazine 






The second cover up is from an unlabeled ball from that collection. If anyone recognizes this color please let me know because I am in love! Pattern from a pinterest post called Whirl Mandala Cardigan
Mandala
Cover-up
Then there's Sonic. After I watched the movie with my son and my dad, I had to make this!! It has a lot of fiddly parts and I had to redo the nose once and was tempted to do it over again, but my darling little prince ran off with him! I guess if it's good enough for him, I'm happy!
Sonic!

No comments:

Post a Comment