Wednesday, September 9, 2020

My first C2C graph! (Christmas themed)

Christmas boots
I've had several requests for my c2c graph of *whatever picture is being looked at* and I've had to correct the impression that all graphs are meant to be c2c. I had someone go ahead and make my Green Bay graph into a c2c style and it ended up being 9 feet wide by 13 feet long.  I'm not sure what she's using it for, but it 's good to have that information!

 
 I've never started out to create a c2c graph, though I like working them up myself.  I'm never sure how big to make the graph!  It took some trial and error (and tears of frustration) on my part to decide on a graph size for my twin afghans and I really didn't look forward to going through that again.  So for this one, I looked back to a graph that I worked up and had to modify to get the size I wanted and did a little math to find *voila* that a 40 x 60 graph in c2c would serve me well for a lapghan if I used an I hook to work it up.  


*Backstory on the process:

Basically, I liked the width of the blanket, but the graph I was using was square and it wasn't long enough.  I (yuck) did a few straight rows of dc across the top when I was done to make it a more acceptable length to me, hated it, donated it, and started again.  But this time I knew I wanted it to include those rows worked into the c2c. I added half those rows to the bottom of the graph and half to the top of the graph. When I finished, the graph was an acceptable size to work and it turned out great.


If you'd like to work this Christmas themed graph into a lapghan for  yourself, email me at kendrascrochetedcreations@gmail.com for the pdf of the graph.  "Christmas Boots" should be in the subject line and any questions you have should be in the body of the email.  I do not have instructions to work the c2c method, but if you need them, look here for them. That page also includes a link for a video tutorial as well as written instructions with pictures.


If you work it up, please send me a picture of the finished product!  I love to see my graphs turned into real world items.  I'd love to see this worked up with custom colors on the boots for maybe a favorite sports team.  Maize and Blue boots on a Christmas green background would be perfect for my family!   What colors will you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment