Saturday, November 23, 2019

Princess Bride themed graph

My favorite movie of all time is The Princess Bride.  I remember watching it with my mom when I was a kid.  At first I thought "oh boy, another stupid romance."  I mean, what kid wants that?  But I watched.  And I became intrigued.  And by the end of the movie I was fake sword fighting all over the living room furniture, rhyming my replies to every conversation, and quoting Mandy Patinkin's famous line "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father. Prepare to die," in a bad Spanish accent to anyone that would listen.

I've watched it several times since then.  I shared my love for the movie with my son (who didn't want to watch a stupid romance movie, either), I've read the book, and I've read Cary Elwes' book about working on the movie.  For our anniversary this year, my husband bought me a digital copy on Vudu.  I've watched it twice more.  Maybe three times.  Maybe more.  Anyway, I just finished it again and thought I'd memorialize this wonderful romance/comedy/drama/adventure with a throw.  First step is to design the graph which I've done and now share with you. 

I created the graph to be a 5 x 6 throw when using a J hook and 1 sc per graph square.  To cut down on color changes I'd start on the long side and work my way across.  If you'd like a copy yourself, please email me at kendrascrochet@gmail.com and I'll send you the pdf. Use any colors you like.  If you make one, I'd love to see a picture!  Email it to me and you can possibly be shown here or on my Facebook page.  If you post it to social media yourself, please tag #KendrasCrochetedCreations and credit me with the design.  If you have any thoughts you'd like to share please comment below.  you're welcome to share this post using the links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment