Saturday, January 18, 2020

Vikings football graph

ask for Vikings ball
I've attracted a lot of attention over the years with my Green Bay packer afghan (found here).  Eventually a Green Bay fan asked me if I could make this one,  with the football as the main focus.  Fast forward to last week and I was asked if I could use that one to make a Vikings version!  This is what I came up with.  I'm wondering if I should try again with a larger font to take up more space in the football (if you looked at the Packers one, it takes up most of the ball!) or if it's better this way where it looks like a printed logo.  What do you think?   Let me know!

Also, I'm not 100% happy with the V.  I tried and tried to make it looks better but this is honestly the best I could do (without remaking the whole thing bigger - which, as I said, is definitely an option).

Another thing that sort of bothers me is the background color.   I couldn't find a purple that I thought looked suitable for the Vikings so I came as close as I could thinking that if anyone made it they'd have to decide what color yarn to pick up anyway so it would be ok.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure my computer is color calibrated anymore (or maybe my tablet and phone aren't) because sometimes when I look at it, it's red! 

Back to the point: if you want the pdf of this free graph, go to kendrascrochetedcreations.com and you can save or print right from your browser.  I'd use an H hook and 2 dc per graph square to make a twin sized afghan, or you can add 40  graph squares on each end (to make it 200 across) and 30 to the top and bottom (to make it 150) and use a J hook and 1 sc per graph square to get a 5 x 6 ft throw instead. 

If you make one, please share a photo with me!  If you post it to social media, please credit me with the design.  If you'd like me to make you one, I can do that too! Just email me at kendra@kendrascrochetedcreations.com for pricing.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right in making the font a tad bit bigger. Course I am showing it to a Viking fan. I have tried 2 times to send my email address to you - it keeps bouncing back. My address is kgmlsna21854@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete