Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Autism Awareness Month

Autism Awareness Month is April.  According to the Autism Speaks website:

I'll be working this up again
and taking a better picture!
"Autism, or autism spectrum disorder, refers to a range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech and nonverbal communication, as well as by unique strengths and differences. We now know that there is not one autism but many types, caused by different combinations of genetic and environmental influences."

I made this tote several years ago for my cousin who has a daughter diagnosed with Autism. I liked it so much I decided to write up the pattern and share it on Ravelry!  It was the first pattern I ever wrote to sell and it had mistakes in it. It was too wordy. It didn't have pictures (it still doesn't, to tell the truth, but I added a graph!). I rewrote it to abbreviate the instructions and now I am sharing the link to buy the pattern here. For the month of April, if you buy the tote pattern, I'll include an Autism Awareness Scarf pattern for free! You have to put both items in your cart to get them both.  As always, I am here to answer any questions about the pattern. Leave your thoughts below in the comments, and feel free to share using the buttons below, or share the link to this post.

I also make the finished items if you'd like to purchase one.  Email me for pricing at kendrascrochet@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment