Saturday, March 24, 2018

Michigan State University Spartans (free graph)

There is an intense rivalry between the teams of Michigan State University and the University of Michigan (and their fans as well!). When the 2 teams face off, all sports fans in Michigan are in an uproar! Good-natured banter gets a bit out of hand in some sects (as with any rivalry) and best friends, siblings, and even spouses who root for opposing teams refuse to acknowledge each other during the game. Some will go so far as to refuse to watch it in the same room or even house as the rival team's fan! My cousin got a lot of ribbing when he announced his second daughter was planning on going to State when her older sister was at U of M.

Once the game is over, the winner gloats for a while, then friendships and family relationships return to normal.

When working this graph as is, use an H hook and 2 dc per graph square to get a twin sized afghan. If you'd like a smaller (about 5 x 6) throw, use a J hook and 1 sc per graph square, increasing the number of rows by 5 on top and bottom and 15 on each side.

If you'd like the pdf of the graph shown here please email me at kendrascrochet@gmail.com with "MSU Spartans" in the subject line (but be careful if you'd like to request the Michigan Wolverines graph as well, who knows how they  might behave in your email app!😉).

I'd love to hear your thoughts!  Comment or share below.  If you make this afghan, please credit me with the design of the graph and link to this page. Tag me in Instagram using #kendrascrochetedcreations and send me a finished photo to be featured here or on my Facebook page.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kendra - how much yarn did you use? And what brand do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MSU Spartans could this be used for mosaic crochet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried mosaic crochet yet so I'm not able to answer this question, I'm sorry! If you try it and it works please let me know and send a picture. I'd love to see it.

      Delete
  3. Please send me the graph. crsminis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The graph is now available on kendrascrochetedcreations.com where you can download or print right from your browser!

      Delete